This page was exported from Ashford Safaris
Export date: Fri Jan 28 8:51:35 2022 / +0000 GMT
* Leave Kampala for Queen Elizabeth National Park via Mbarara. Stop over at the local drum makers and crafts to buy souvenirs. A fruits market allows chance to buy variety fruits to enjoy along the way (if you wish so).
* Stop over at the great equator -the pathway of the sun. Enjoy the feel of being in both the south and northern hemisphere on a single trip - an experience of a lifetime!
* Proceed for a lunch in Mbarara town.
* Go on to Queen Elizabeth NP, along the way have a great view of the western arm of the rift valley plus the two associated lakes of George and Edward stretching up to Democratic Republic of Congo.
* Drive through the park to Mweya safari lodge, dine and stay for overnight.
* Take an early morning game drive, enabling you witness the sunrise! With the mighty Rwenzori mountains as a backdrop, you will view lions, elephants,waterbacks, leopards, the Uganda kob,etc Then return to hotel for a late breakfast.
* After breakfast, take a boat cruise on Kazinga channel - a host of a great varieties of birds and a pool of hippos said to be the biggest in Africa! This will provide you with fantastic platform for taking photographs. Then return to hotel for lunch.
* After lunch, take an afternoon game drive and look out for the game you missed in the morning drive.
* Evening drive to Kasese.
* Dine and overnight at Margherita hotel in kasese town.
* Set early for Kibale National Park. Forest walk, track chimps, bird viewing and varied species of monkeys.
* Gaze at this thick - multi canopy tropical forest.
* Have a picnic lunch in Kibale Forest.
* After lunch, drive to Semuliki and take a game drive. Semuliki is famous for small mammals and varying bird species.
* Enjoy the Sempaya hot springs situated in the tract of hot mineral in crusted swamp land. View this two-meter jet of hot water.
* Evening, drive back to Fortportal for an overnight at Travelers Rest House.
* Wake up early tour around Nyakasura cultural sites like the mabere ganyinamwiru, climb one of the hills to have a good view of the massive mountains of the moon and the King's palace - the youngest king in the world!
* Drive back to Kampala via Mubende, reach Kampala in the evening.
Excerpt: Many exciting things to see in four short days. Visit the Equator line, Queen Elizabeth National Park, Rwenzori Mountains, Kibale Forest National Park, Sempaya Hot Springs and the Nyakasura cultural sites in Fort Portal. Also includes Day and Evening Game Drives and a boat cruise on the Kazinga Channel.
Post date: 2017-04-19 03:16:00
Post date GMT: 2017-04-19 03:16:00
Post modified date: 2021-12-21 22:36:00
Post modified date GMT: 2021-12-22 03:36:00
Powered by [ Universal Post Manager ] plugin. MS Word saving format developed by gVectors Team www.gVectors.com